How to Think about Covid-19 and Children
In this webinar, we speak with Emily Oster, and Economics professor at Brown who has been studying the data surrounding Covid-19 and children
The Guidepost Team
Our knowledge about the novel coronavirus is incomplete and constantly changing. How can we think about this, both as a society and as individuals? Especially when the stakes are so high -- with our loved ones and children -- how can we make good decisions?
We spoke with Emily Oster, an Economics professor at Brown who has been studying the data surrounding Covid-19 and children. Watch the replay of our conversation here:
Key Take Aways:
* What we know (and what we don't know) about Covid-19 and its affect on children and schools
* How do we think about and make predictions based on conflicting, and constantly changing information from different sources?
* How to evaluate the quality and objectivity of information and detect biases
* Will there be a second wave in the fall and if so how should schools respond?
Guest Speaker: Dr. Emily Oster
Dr. Emily Oster is a Professor of Economics at Brown. Her work has extended her thinking about research methodology in econometrics to issues of parenting and child development. She's the best-selling author of "Expecting Better" and "Cribsheet" and has recently turned her talent for sifting through and thinking through data to the COVID19 pandemic.
Because every family has unique needs for childcare and school during Covid-19, Guidepost is offering a variety of programs to meet every family where they are and provide a high-quality program. We invite you to explore all options and choose the one that feels right for your family:
- A Global School Network - A growing network of great Montessori schools across the US, Asia, and Europe. Transfer your family to another campus at any time. Learn more about our approach to health and safety on campus.
- At-home School and Care - A Montessori home setup and in-residence Montessori educators. Nannies, home learning pods, and support for homeschool.
- A Framework for Families - Comprehensive support for parenting for independence: Montessori resources, strategies, and community.
- Virtual School - Fully online, fully Montessori. Virtual school for early childhood, elementary, and adolescence.
The Guidepost Team
The Guidepost Team is a group of writers and educators dedicated to helping demystify all things Montessori.
Giving children the keys to life
Guidepost Montessori enables children to understand the world and choose their place within it.
With over 80 campuses across the US and Asia, and at-home and virtual learning programs serving more than 7,000 families worldwide, Guidepost is the world’s largest Montessori network.
Learn more about our:
Do you want to learn more about Montessori? Visit The Prepared Montessorian for flexible online courses, from beginner to expert level.