How to Think about Covid-19 and Children
In this webinar, we speak with Emily Oster, and Economics professor at Brown who has been studying the data surrounding Covid-19 and children
The Guidepost Team
Our knowledge about the novel coronavirus is incomplete and constantly changing. How can we think about this, both as a society and as individuals? Especially when the stakes are so high -- with our loved ones and children -- how can we make good decisions?
We spoke with Emily Oster, an Economics professor at Brown who has been studying the data surrounding Covid-19 and children. Watch the replay of our conversation here:
Key Take Aways:
* What we know (and what we don't know) about Covid-19 and its affect on children and schools
* How do we think about and make predictions based on conflicting, and constantly changing information from different sources?
* How to evaluate the quality and objectivity of information and detect biases
* Will there be a second wave in the fall and if so how should schools respond?
Guest Speaker: Dr. Emily Oster
Dr. Emily Oster is a Professor of Economics at Brown. Her work has extended her thinking about research methodology in econometrics to issues of parenting and child development. She's the best-selling author of "Expecting Better" and "Cribsheet" and has recently turned her talent for sifting through and thinking through data to the COVID19 pandemic.
Because every family has unique needs for childcare and school during Covid-19, Guidepost is offering a variety of programs to meet every family where they are and provide a high-quality program. We invite you to explore options and choose the one that feels right for your family:
- A Global School Network - A growing network of great Montessori schools across the US, Asia, and Europe. Transfer your family to another campus at any time. Learn more about our approach to health and safety on campus.
- Virtual School - Fully online, fully Montessori. Virtual school for early childhood, elementary, and adolescence.
The Guidepost Team
The Guidepost Team is a group of writers and educators dedicated to helping demystify all things Montessori.
Similar ResourcesBrowse all blog articles
What Will It Take to Reopen Schools?
A panel discussion on the controversial — but critical — prospect of getting schools open again, featuring bestselling author Emily Oster, infectious disease specialist Amesh Adalja, and Higher Ground Education CEO Ray Girn.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We answer your frequently asked questions about COVID-19.
Giving your child the keys to life
Take the first step in giving your the child the gift of a Montessori education.
If you are looking to start immediately, book a school tour directly on any of our school websites by clicking Find a School. If you are not yet ready, but want to keep in touch, click the link below to subscribe to our bi-weekly Guidepost Review newsletter.
Join us on social media @guidepostmontessori to see how we are helping children and families flourish! #iamcapable