Arizona Empowerment Scholarship Account
Understanding how to use Arizona's ESA program towards your child's education with Guidepost Montessori.
Arizona Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA)
Administered by the Arizona Department of Education, the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) program allows families to use public funds to pay for private school tuition or home-based education, tutoring or therapy services.
Thousands of Arizona students in Kindergarten through 12th grade are currently eligible for the state-funded ESA. Eligible families receive 90% of what the state would be spending on their child in the public school system which is estimated at $4,000 - $6,500 per student for 2022-2023.
Who is eligible?
- Every family in Arizona who is eligible to attend school, from kindergarten through twelfth grade
- There are no income requirements
- There are no requirements regarding where the student lives within the state, or the student’s past academic performance.
How do I apply?
- Go to www.azed.gov to complete the one-page application.
- You will need to provide copy of the student’s birth certificate, proof of address and IEP / MET / 504 (if applicable).
- Applications can take up to 45 days to process. You will receive an acceptance letter with the ESA amount, a contract and handbook. You will need to sign and return the documents so that the ESA can be finalized and the account opened.
- ESA funds are deposited quarterly by the Arizona Treasurer’s office during the following two week windows: Quarter 1: July 15th -30th Quarter 2: October 15th -30th Quarter 3: January 15th -30th Quarter 4: April 15th -30th Funds for Quarter 1 will be retroactively applied to any approved application submitted by October 15, 2022.
- Funds are deposited into a virtual ClassWallet account. ClassWallet’s platform is designed to streamline and automate the spending and tracking of ESA funds and allows ESA Account Holders to manage payments to schools, providers, and vendors. Parents can access their student’s ClassWallet account via the ESA Applicant Portal
- There is a simple renewal process each June. Parents must complete renewal to remain in the program. However, parents who wish to, are free to withdraw their student from the ESA program at any time.
Using your ESA funds with Guidepost Montessori
Guidepost Montessori is approved by the Arizona Department of Education as a vendor for parents with students who qualify for AZ ESA. If you are eligible for the AZ ESA program, you can use your funds towards tuition for our in-school programs, virtual programs, and to purchase our stage-based Montessori materials.
- Sign into your ClassWallet account via the ESA Applicant Portal
- Select "Start Shopping" to see your available vendors list
- Search "Guidepost Montessori" and select your program of interest
- If you have any questions please contact our team directly and we will walk you through how to use ESA funds towards our programs.
Our schools and programs in Arizona
Guidepost Montessori at North Scottsdale
Offering Toddler, Children's House, Elementary and Middle School
Guidepost Montessori at Paradise Valley
Offering Toddler and Children's House programs
Guidepost Montessori at Peoria
Offering Nido, Toddler, Children's House and Spanish Immersion
Guidepost At Home
Whether you are looking for full-time virtual school, or help with homeschooling, Guidepost at Home allows you to bring our exceptional educational approach into the comfort of your own home.
Guidepost Materials Kits
Whether you are currently homeschooling or looking to supplement your child's learning, Guidepost Montessori kits are helping parents everywhere to deliver joyful learning together. Each kit is designed by Montessori-certified educators and comes complete with high quality materials and access to instructional videos and resources online.
Virtual Middle and High School
Our partner school, the Academy of Thought and Industry (ATI) offers a continuing Montessori education for middle and high school students. Learn more about the ATI difference, and our in-person and virtual programs at https://thoughtandindustry.com/virtual-school
- How much funding can I expect to be awarded?
Each participating student in first through twelfth grade will receive approximately $6,000 to $6,500 per year. Participating kindergarten students will receive an annual $4,000 scholarship per year.
- What expenses can be covered by ESA funding?
- Can I apply for ESA at any point in the school year?
- Do I have to use the full funding awarded in one year?
- Are schools required to test ESA students?
- How does ClassWallet work?
- I have specific questions, where can I learn more?
Giving your child the keys to life
Guidepost Montessori offers a unique and holistic approach to education for children of all ages with over 120 brick & mortar schools, virtual and homeschool, and Spanish and Mandarin language immersion options.
Our curriculum fosters independence, creativity, and a love of learning. Book a school tour today and take the first step in giving your child the gift of a Montessori education.
Learn more about our: