Designed for infants and toddlers, this online educational program combines authentic Montessori materials with expert guidance to develop self-motivated, independent-thinking children who are ready to succeed both inside and outside of school.
- Montessori materials delivered to your door
Authentic, developmentally appropriate Montessori learning materials are shipped to each of our families throughout the school year, helping to create the kind of curated environment that aids effective, hands-on learning.
- Unlimited support from expert staff
- Premium parent and child events and parent meetups
- Home set up and consultation support
- Expert guidance from qualified Montessori guides
- Engaging online instruction inspires offline learning all day long
We offer parents support and guidance in working toward a harmonious daily routine for your child, one where each of you has stretches of independent work. And we offer children impactful virtual experiences that help shape their mostly offline days in a Montessori way.
- For you: online resources and high-touch, online, personalized support. Our Montessori parenting experts will create an engaging schedule of activities for you and your child, and guide you through the process of setting expectations and establishing routines on a regular basis.
- For your child: virtual touch points and guidance: a circle time with follow-up activities, personalized Montessori presentations, and elective virtual programming such as dance and art. All with a Montessori-trained guide.
- For your home: kits of Montessori materials tuned to your child, to optimize your home setup for your child’s independence.
There is no substitute for the presence of live adult mentors helping in the development of young children. Our virtual Montessori guides can connect with children and provide a virtual role model, while equipping parents and caregivers with tools and insights to do so at home. Together, we work toward routine, concentrated work, diffusing challenging moments, and allowing for adults to have stretches of time to work, relax, and just be adults!
Offline parenting support
Distance learning at this age complements your child being able to complete follow-up activities at home while offline. Although we will not physically be in your home to enable these activities, we will do everything we can to help you create the conditions in which your child can be successful outside of class, including:
Expert support. You can meet with staff whenever you need some guidance. They can help you navigate any situation, from setting up routines to dealing with tantrums.
A regular check in meeting with your child’s Virtual Guide. In these meetings, you can discuss what your child is working on in class, and how you can give support at home. And your guide will show you how to work with any of the materials that are used in the Montessori program.
If you’re near a Guidepost campus, you are welcome to take part in any live events and to join a larger community.
For parents, enrollment offers access to a global community of other families seeking to apply Montessori principles. You’ll even be able to take our parent training for free—or enroll in our full Montessori teacher training certificate course.
And should you choose, when you’re ready, you’ll be able to easily enroll your child in a local Guidepost school.
Frequently Asked Questions
From how the program is designed to how it's delivered.
- How is this program designed for children of younger ages?
We understand that the youngest of children do not connect very meaningfully through a computer screen; therefore, our program is designed to grow with your child as their ability to learn through a virtual connection increases. We also understand that adult interaction is crucial. Our program equips and empowers parents to continue the learning that begins online into the rest of their offline experiences in the following ways:
- Two weekly Movement and Sound Parent and Child virtual experiences: our educators support you to share songs, stories, and games with your child inspiring active participation and modeling to interact in thoughtful and meaningful ways with your child. These classes are led by an experienced Montessori Guide, training to work with families of young children.
- A weekly virtual parent-meet up: an opportunity to come together as a community to discuss specific infant and toddler related topics. These are also led by a Montessori expert who will share with you tips and tricks for aiding your child’s growth at home.
- Through partnering with Monti Kids, a leading supplier of in-home Montessori materials delivered to your home, you will receive quarterly kits of Montessori materials designed for just the right time in their rapid development.
- Access to Monti Kids’ online portal: educational videos empowering you to introduce the materials to your child in just the right way to encourage their natural desire to grow and learn.
- In-Home prepared environment consultation: our team of prepared environment experts will work with you to optimize your home setup for your child’s independence.
- What does parent communication look like?
- How much support with my child need during the virtual lesson?
- How do I know my child is learning?
- Is Guidepost Montessori Virtual School (GMVS) an accredited school?
- Is GMVS licensed as a private school?
- Do you offer any kind of financial aid or discounts?
- How does socialization/peer contact work at a distance?
- How will you assess my child's learning?
- Montessori requires hands-on manipulatives. How will you do this at home?
- Will I need to purchase special materials or supplies?
- Are your teachers Montessori trained? Are they prepared for teaching in a virtual setting?
Giving your child the keys to life
Take the first step in giving your the child the gift of a Montessori education.
If you are looking to start immediately, book a school tour directly on any of our school websites by clicking Find a School. If you are not yet ready, but want to keep in touch, click the link below to subscribe to our bi-weekly Guidepost Review newsletter.
Join us on social media @guidepostmontessori to see how we are helping children and families flourish! #iamcapable